Saturday, April 20, 2013

Didn't do too much in the way of mileage this week. I ran 15+ miles on Saturday and then rested my feet for a couple days. I ran 6 miles at work on Tuesday and 6 miles in the evening during the Boston Marathon Memorial Run. That was probably the fastest that I have ever run for that distance. I started off at a moderate pace and slowly worked my way toward the front of the pack. I was running behind a couple girls for most the way. After about the first mile, two guys split off and started running a quicker pace. I was content to stick with the pace that I was going, so the two guys went off into the distance.  At the turn around, the two guys were joined by some other folks in the run. These people did not go the whole turn around distance, they just waited for the two guys to come by and then kept pace with them. I however, continued to run with the two girls with the fast group in sight. We ran for about another mile and one of the girls said she had to back off the pace, so she fell back and I was with the faster of the two. I asked her if she wanted to close the gap on the fast group. She said she just wanted to run and whatever happened was OK with her, that she didn't want to race. I told her that running in a group requires less effort, which was my motivation. Again, she just wanted to run. Eventually we caught up to the fast group and hung with them until the end. I never really felt fatigued, but when we stopped I hit the water fountain and panted for a bit. Then I headed off to my truck and drove to Wal-Mart for motor oil and chocolate milk. It was a good day.

The next day my legs were sore, but nothing too terrible. I did a low-key lunch time work out which focused on elevated handstands and a little bit of barefoot running. Nothing too strenuous. Guthrie Green bootcamp was the next day and during the run with Raj afterwards, I had to stop because my calves were locking up, much tension. I had planned on running in to work on Friday, but opted to ride my bike and give my legs/feet a rest. I felt kinda junky and did not want to exacerbate my issues.

Today is Saturday morning. I don't know if I'll run today, but I would like to get out to the Keystone trails and try to run 3 laps in 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment